Monday, March 21, 2011

Dragon Ball Z Birthday

Here is a picture of the cake!  Hayden says this character's name is King Kai.  He is made out of rice krispy treats and fondant... that is about all the fondant I can bare to use!  lol  The rest of the cake is sugar-free white cake (that was dyed blue) with butter cream icing.  (Sugar-free because my 8 year old is a health nut and made the request!  But it also was a nice treat for our diabetic family and friends!)  The blue stars are made from a candy mold I found.  (First time I ever made that kind of candy!) 


So apparently in Dragon Ball Z, the characters collect Dragon Balls!  There are 7 Dragon Balls total.  They have 1-7 stars inside them.  I placed 7 cake balls, with the appropriate number of stars on the cake, and then made the rest into cake pops!  Hayden picked Butter Pecan flavored cake!  Yummy!      

No comments:

Post a Comment